Nominations now open for Swedish demolition awardsPublished 16/4, 2018 at 15:43
The Swedish demolition awards were launched in 2012 by Swedish Professional Demolition magazine in conjunction with the Association for Building Preparations. Businesses are now advised that it is now time to start thinking about nominations for what are now acknowledged to be Sweden's leading awards for demolition, concrete cutting, grinding and polishing of concrete floors, remediation and recycling companies.
The winners of the awards will be recognised at a ceremony held at the Swedish Demolition Awards 2018 gala dinner on the evening of the first day of the DEMCON show on 27 September.
Companies may be nominated by individuals or companies, but are welcome to nominate themselves, but must clearly describe why they should be nominated. The awards consist of the following categories:
1. Demolition contractor of the year
2. Concrete cutting contractor of the year
3. Remediation contractor of the year
4. Demolition project of the year
5. Concrete cutting project of the year
6. Remediation project of the year
7. Safety and working environment award
8. Recycling and environmental award
9. The Swedish hydrodemolition award
10. Manufacturer / supplier of the year
11. The great innovation award for manufacturers / suppliers
12. The Swedish demolition prize honorary award
A jury of well-known figures from the Swedish construction industry will judge the nominations. These include: Bo Hörnqvist, founder and former owner of Rivab in Gothenburg; Gunnar Landborg, founder of Disab and a key person in the Swedish concrete cutting industry for many years; Jan Lemos, founder and former owner of JL Betonghåltagning; Lars Eriksson, founder and former owner of Södertälje Borrteknik; Tommy Hällgren, formerly of Brokk; Arne Holgersson, former product manager and sales manager at Tyrolit.
Other industry leading figures judging the awards are: Lars Sandström, chairman of the Industry Association for Building Preparation; Micael Appelgren, chief editor of the trade association machine contractor's magazine ME Magazine, and Jan Hermansson, editor Professional Demolition International.
Registration documents may be downloaded from the Professional Demolition International website www.pdworld.com/demoleringspriset or ordered from SCOP on telephone +46 8 585 700 46.